Samantha is a Registered Occupational Therapist in the Toronto area. Samantha has a Bachelor’s of Health Sciences from the University of Western Ontario and earned her Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy from Queen’s University in 2010.
She took a fantastic opportunity to relocate to Victoria, British Columbia to begin her career. Working on a complex unit, she gained exposure to complex wheelchair seating, rehab and environmental modifications for individuals with complex neurological diagnoses. After deciding to return home to Ontario, she worked for a number of years in outpatient neurotrauma, primarily with individuals recovering from concussion. Samantha is currently working at St. Michael’s Hospital in downtown Toronto with an inpatient medical population.
In addition to the rich clinical experiences she’s had, she has also completed additional courses in her areas of interest, including:
1. Concussion Recovery : Neuro-Visual Posture Therapy (NVPT) through the Padula Institute of Vision Rehabiliation, a therapy technique that uses the relationship between vision and movement after a neurological event, such as a concussion.
2. Pain Management : Microcurrent Point Stimulation (MPS) Therapy, through Dolphin Neurostim OTC, a treatment modality that can address pain issues, scar management as well as needle-free acupuncture point therapy.
Samantha currently offers Occupational therapy services for:
– Post-concussion treatment
– Scar Release Therapy with MPS
– Pain management (acute and chronic) with MPS
– Sleep hygiene consultation